Laugh and be Healthy

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Two Months Overdue

In New Delhi, Mr. Sharma comes homes one night,
and his wife throws her
arms around his neck: "I have great news: I'm a
month overdue. I think
we're going to have a baby! The doctor gave me a
test today, but until we
find out for sure, we can't tell anybody".

The next day, Mrs. Sharma receives a telephone
call from DEB (Delhi
Electric Board) because the electricity bill has
not been paid.

"Am I speaking to Mrs Sharma?

"Yes.....speaking"
DEB Guy, "You're a month overdue, you know!"

How do YOU know?" stammers the young woman.
"Well, maam, it's in our
files!" says the DEB guy.

"What are you saying? It's in your
files....HOW????

"Yes.... we have a system of finding out who's
overdue"

"Oh my Goodness!!!!! This is too much....."
"Madam, I am sorry..... I am following orders. I
have to inform you
are overdue.
I know that.... Let me talk to my husband about
this tonight. He will
speak to your company tomorrow"

That night, she tells her husband about the call,
and he, mad as a
bull, rushes to the DEB office the next morning.
"What's going on? You have it on your file that
my wife is one month overdue? "What business is that of yours?" the
husband shouts.

"Just calm down, "says the lady at the reception
at DEB, "it's nothing
serious. All you have to do is pay us."

"PAY you? And if I refuse?"

"Well, in that case, sir, we'd have no option but
to cut yours off."

"And what would my wife do then?" the husband
asks.

"I don't know. I guess she'd have to use a
candle!"

Sent via email by Freddie Cang


> >

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home